Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

Little Inquisitiv(a)

Wednesday, 7 July, 2010

I carried X(10 months 2 weeks olds) in my arm while strolling in the morning breeze, suddently he raised his arm and pointed to the sky... I looked up, the sky was painted with beautiful cumulus clouds that reflected in shades of pink and violet( certainly more beautiful and breath taking than the picture above). Then I overheard he babbled something, sort of like a chain of multi syllable words. I looked at him, he looked back and repeated, "art it this" I was startled... my rusty brain kept processing and trying to pick up something from the vocabulary I've learnt. Gosh~!! It sounds like "What is this" to me!

Without much thoughts, I replied, " those are beautiful clouds." Immediately he hugged a smile on his face and pointed with his arm to another direction, again he uttered, "art it this" I traced his arm and looked up, it's the bamboo plants. I gave back a smile and explained, "It's papa's bamboo!" he smiled back to me happily with excitement and satisfaction.

Since then, whenever we heard X babbled, "art it this" or "thiss", we will respond by telling him the name or story about the object he looks or points(assuming he is asking questions). He looks happy and we were grateful too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home