My boy X(20 months old) has finally potty trained... alright exempt at night whereby I still insist to put him on diaper, he was rather reluctant though but I can't take the risk he might wet the bed! Ok... frankly, in the other hand I didn't want to waste those expensive diapers(4 packs of Mami Poko and 3 packs of Huggies Dry Comfort) I bought during sales(head knock on the wall)!!!
How did I potty trained him? Neah... unlike J the 1st child, I didn't put much efforts on potty train. During J's time I scheduled myself to force put her on potty every 1/2 to 1 hour, I reckon that was tiring especially for lazy mom like me! As for X, it was a bliss for me since he was those Monkey see monkey do type of child. The credit goes to his Jie Jie, who constantly showed good example of wee and poo routine.
These days whenever he has the urge to wee or poo, he will either hold his crotch or just inform me or other family member that he need to go to toilet(how sweet)! Quite a surprise to me, as he will show the sign or tell us his urge regardless of venue or the person to inform(anyone available will be fine to him). Unlike his Jie Jie or paternal side cousin, in which at the initial stage of potty training, they refused to cooperate when they were out of their comfort zone and they even have their selected personnel to assist them in toileting(rolled eyes)! My girl preferred me or MIL to help her with the holy job, if we were not around, she would rather wee in her pants(slapped forehead)!
Yesterday night, I was so proud of my boy! Although he was on diaper, he still woke up in the middle of the night and bugged me to help him to wee, how smart! I remember vividly, (not trying to compared) my girl at 2 years plus still needed me to wake her up every night and remind her to pee, if I failed to do so(sometimes I can't help it since my eyes refused to open, chuckled) she will certainly wet the mattress... (sigh)!
So, jotting down my boy's potty training milestone and again, I'm proud of you my boy!
Labels: potty train, X(Juan Xuan)

