God gracious, now I just realize how I have slacking in updating my boy's milestone and development! Let's start with something general...
Height: Not available since I forgot to measure!
Weight: Gosh~! Last month during checkup he was 9.2KG!
Physically wise he is learning to hop like her jie jie, he bent his knee to spring from the ground and of course he didn't really get to jump since it still way beyond his ability. He can really dance by twitching, turning and spinning his body(his balancing has obviously improved tremendously). He walked up and down the staircase without holding the railing(sweats), and fell thrice from the staircase with a big thud! He has got 10 teeth, and pretty keen to give everyone a nasty bite!
Verbally... gosh~! I have to admit for boys at his age, he really can talk! He uttered with ease most monosyllabic(like tea, cat, bird, hat, hair, eat, milk, tree etc) and pronounced sluggishly multisyllabic words (for instance bamboo, Mc Donald, upstair, tv etc), but since he is good with baby signs, he has no problem to convey what he wants to us(especially me)!
He sings and hums songs too, like "pass the parcel" as "Ahhh the Di Di"(his own version but apparently the tune still there), and very keen on imitate what we said or taught him. He likes to make animal sounds like horsey(neh~! Shaking head to and fro), dog( woof with sign), cat(miao~! with sign), cow(moo~!) and etc.
Mental development wise, he is definitely a fast learner(TK and I agreed he learnt even faster than J) and very alert('Sing muk') too! He understands 95%(if not 99%) of what we said. A very handy boy(for now) and willing to pick up and throw rubbish into the dustbin, put his soiled nappy or pants into the laundry basket, place bowl or plate into the sink after used and place the books back after read to him. Sometimes he will help his Jie Jie to complete the chores that she reluctant to do too, like pick up toys and junks.
Diet... sigh~! He is getting picky on food, and always prefer eating meats that he hardly chew and swallow(normally he will munch until dried the juice before he spits out the debris). He eats potatoes, broccoli, carrot and green leafy vege's stem. Pathetically he likes tidbits and junk food like his Jie Jie does, although he normally nibbled a bit and passed it to me later. Still very rely on breastmilk, which I'm trying to weaned off the night feed so that he can have a more peaceful sleep(off late I found he woke up at least twice at night for nen nen). Aside from what he eat, he is quite a neat eater too. He will pick up the debris or crumbs that dropped, and put it into the plate or bowl that hold the particular food.
Potty train is progressing well(probably). I found there's privileged of having an elder siblings, which he urged himself to pee and poop like his jie jie does! Whenever J requested for loo, he wanted it badly too(sort of kiasu)! He'll hold his undies and tell us he wants to pee or poop. He used to inform us after he did his business, but now he can even tell us or bring us a potty before he pee or poop(most of the time, even if he was on night diaper).
Special skills... I would say he is now learning to count, I had make it a practice to count the steps when we walked downstairs(he loved it). Now when I say 'One', he would sometimes continue 'two'( he is good at reciting one, two, four, six, nine and ten). His vocabulary and general knowledge(animals kingdom is his best subject)has widely expanded compared the precious month, he will point out most objects or living being from the pictures we showed correctly. Unlike J, he enjoyed being questioned and will be proud to answer, which he really makes me proud of! He loves books(of his category) and will nonchalantly bubbled like he was telling a story or knows how to read(full of expression and action).
Brotherly relation with J, well... basically he will do whatever J does and hysterically excitedly play with her! A very jealousy boy(compared to the precious months), he will push J away if he found she clung to me or worse he'll throw something on J and me if J refused to move away(shake head)! Whenever I wanted to read to J, he will come forward with another book(his preference), then grabbed J's book and close it or threw it away before he sat on my laps and begged me to read for him. Of course I won't give in and he ended up whining and resulted none of J nor him got to listen to stories before bed!!!
Labels: milestone, X(Juan Xuan)

